As the Terra Pavilion
• Sustainability is one of Expo 2020’s three key subthemes. Terra (meaning ‘Planet Earth’) aims to bring this concept to life by taking visitors on an emotional and enchanting journey.
• Terra highlights the urgency of addressing the climate crisis, which is largely caused by human behaviour.
• During Expo 2020, Terra is hosting entertaining and enriching events, such as science shows and cultural performances, that reflect the Sustainability subtheme.
As Children and Science Centre
• After Expo ends, Terra will become a Children and Science Centre, inspiring sustainable choices for generations to come.
• Featuring 6,300sqm of exhibition space, Terra is built to be net-zero for both energy and water, using water-reduction strategies, water recycling and alternative water sources.
• Direct Access will continue working on Terra after Expo concludes, collaborating with District 2020 to innovate new ways of making the planned “smart and sustainable” city accessible to both residents and visitors, prioritizing wellbeing and inclusion.